A Flight Instructor Rating (FIR) allows you to conduct flight training in an aircraft. You must hold a FIR with at least one training endorsement.
Flight Instructor Rating (FIR) Course Information
Flight Options FIR course will provide you the necessary training to obtain a FIR with a Grade 3 training endorsement. A grade 3 training endorsement allows you to conduct flight training for:
- Recreational Pilot Licence (RPL), Private Pilot Licence (PPL), or Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL)
- Recreational Pilot Endorsements
- Single-Engine Class Rating
The FIR course is usually completed in 8 weeks full time or is available on a part-time basis. This however, can vary due to factors such as weather conditions and student progress. The course is conducted at our Pilot Academy located on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Australia and consists of both ground and flight instruction. Students will have access to our state-of-the-art facilities and will conduct the flight training portion of the program in our Cessna 172.
To be eligible to commence a FIR course with a Grade 3 training endorsement you must:
- Hold a Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) or Air Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL)
- Hold a spinning activity flight endorsement
- Hold either a tertiary qualification in teaching or Cert IV in training and assessment, or have completed an approved course of training in PMI (course is also available with Flight Options)
- Pass the instructor rating aeronautical knowledge exam: Pilot Instructor Rating Exam – Common (PIRC)
- Meet the aeronautical experience requirements
Conversion course from RA-Aus instructor also available.