A Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) allows you to act as pilot in command of an aircraft in various private and commercial operations.
Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) Course Information
To hold a CPL you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Speak, read and understand English at a minimum of aviation level 4 English language proficiency
- Hold or be eligible for a flight radiotelephone licence
- Meet the training requirements and possess the minimum aeronautical experience as per Part 61
- Pass the 7 CPL written examinations set by CASA
- Pass a Class 1 medical exam with a designated aviation medical examiner
- Have a minimum 200 hours flight time
- Have passed a flight test
The CPL course is usually completed in 6 months full time & is also available on a part time basis. This however, can vary due to factors such as weather conditions and student progress. The course is conducted at our Pilot Academy located on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Australia and consists of both ground and flight instruction. Students will have access to our state of the art facilities and will conduct the flight training portion of the program in our Cessna 172 & Cessna 182 Skylane.
Consists of student undertaking self study.
- Prior to the CPL flight test is a pass in the 7 CPL cyber exams
In order to gain a CPL with Flight Options you will need to have completed a minimum of 200 hours total time. Within this 200 hours, the following requirements must be met:
- 190 hours flight time as Pilot
- 100 hours as Pilot In Command
- 20 hours Cross Country flight time as Pilot In Command
- 10 hours Instrument Time